Chuck Close, Elizabeth Jameson and how not to whine

I am struck by the sheer perseverance of some artists. My friend and former student Elizabeth Jameson had an opening on November 12, 2009 at the Commonwealth Club which I attended. The work was amazing. Read about it here. Elizabeth is amazing! I am always in awe of this woman. It was my honor to work with her as a teacher and help to guide her vision, if only in a very small way.

Whenever I think I'm going to start whining about something, the work is too hard, the studio is too cold, blah blah - I think of Elizabeth. She is always smiling!

Another artist who inspires me is Chuck Close. Of course he has the big name and reputation but he has also persevered through a tremendous health crisis. Read about it here.

Just a small note to self: be thankful!

No comments:

Featured Post

How to Extend Your Acrylic Paint with Gel - and save money!

Stretch Your Acrylic Paint with a Gel Extension and save money! Join me for a live hangout every week Wednesday at 4 pm PST on my YouTube...